Monday, March 8, 2010

This is the first onion I've purchased in a long time!


Remember this post back in June? Well, 7 1/2 months later, and I'm purchasing onions again. I think we did pretty well... the onions I grew did not save as well as they could have. I don't have a root cellar, but we did our best to keep them cool and out of the sun. Toward the end, when I would cut into the saved onions, parts were soft, so only about half of each onion was useable.

So, despite giving onions to friends and sharing the wealth, the 180 onions lasted a little over half the year. Not bad! I'll be interested to see how long the 120 that we planted this year lasts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a nice onion. I thought of you last week. I was at the travel show in NY and there was a booth from the Maine Tourism Dept. One of the women there was using yarns/wools to make these soft books. They were really works of art and I thought-Syd could totally do that!