Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Extra Parsley?

This is what I do with the extra herbs I have grown:
I hang them until to dry. I did this last year with Oregano. I was shocked at how flavorful the dried herb was! I guess it makes sense, it came from my back yard, it is less than a year old...... It made me wonder how long store bought herbs and spices are on the shelf. Or one step back, how long they are stored prior to getting to the supermarket. I'll be doing this with all my herbs from now on. Of course, I give away the extra. I love to share.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the smell of parsley being chopped is one of my favorite smells ever. Wonder why Bath and Body doesn't make lotion out of it? Then again, probably nobody wants to smell like parsley even if they do like the way it smells. But I do. I totally do. I have an idea! Make some lotion!