Saturday, December 13, 2008

I can sew, I can sew, I can sew................

Sung to the tune of 'Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow'.


So, most people know I don't like Christmas. And for those that don't know why, please don't ask. It's just too painful. But I told The Lovey that this year I would try. I all of a sudden realized that I don't need to continue to mourn the past and wish that things could be different and be angry with time that was stolen.


So, I am trying. Here is my first attempt at getting into the spirit:


Behold, gifts to be sent to a couple of musicians I know! I used a pattern created by my good friend, and musical fabric I found and just couldn't pass up. The pattern was easy to follow - and if I can do this, ANYONE can!


The stockings are lined...so the piano keys stocking is lined with the sheet music fabric, and vice-versa. It was fun to do and I made both in an afternoon!

The pattern is being sold as a kit with really cool fabric (that I picked out!) at my LYS which you can check out HERE.


Sewing these is helping me to get out of my 10 year "I hate Christmas" funk.

Now, on to other knitting.... and finishing my quilt, ... and spinning.... and, .... and, ..... and, .....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! you did a great job, how are things with D and the kitty??

theknitist said...

Those are HOTT! Wish I could find my sewing machine. It's in a box around here somewhere...