Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Addictive


Oh! Was this fun to make!

I went to the very small sheep & wool festival in Boonville WAY back in September. I saw a woman demonstrating how to locker hook with roving. So, I thought... why not! It's a great way to use a TON of fiber and I have plenty from my early years as a spinner. I thought it would go much quicker (I told my husband that I'd have it competed in 2 weeks), but this rug (3 x 5) took 6 weeks to complete. Still pretty fast, considering I didn't know what I was doing!

I learned so much doing this. Of course, I can see all the mistakes in there, but next time around I will be able to apply all the things I learned with this one. I don't know if it will go any quicker, but at least there won't be the mistakes I made. There will be new mistakes to learn from, I am sure!

Before I started the project I thought I'd whip these out in a couple weeks and be able to sell them... but now after completing this one, I don't think that people would purchase them for what I would need to price them at. Yet they are fun to make and will make really great gifts.

No comments: