Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Gotcha!



Today, Wednesday - as all Wednesdays, are volunteer days at the Garden. I bought bush beans that Dan wanted to experiment with, and we planted them along with some fast growing carrots and summer squash. It is also dump day in Sunnyvale, and so Carol Phipps and I picked up some really nice metal trellises that folks were throwing away. One person's garbage is another person's gold, huh!

In addition to this, the Executive Director wanted some fruit tree blossom photos for marketing material he is creating for Earth Day, so since I was out there, I snapped a few photos. The new camera David got for me is REALLY nice and has taken some great shots. I got a photo of the brilliant blue Bluebird that has adopted the farm as his home. I've been trying for awhile to get him, but he's a quick thing and is very illusive.

AND... I ate a radish. A Full Circle Farm radish. Cool.

No comments: