Saturday, June 12, 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have contact!


It's been a long time since I have had consistent internet capabilities. As we transition from our Silicon Valley home to the new 'country estate' (otherwise known as Casa de los Siete Gatos), we have only had internet at the Silicon Valley place. Well, yesterday all of that changed. Thanks to WildBlue and the satellite internet signal it is sending to our house! Wahoo! Now I can post and keep up to speed with what we have done, or what we have to do. Satellite internet is a bit slower than the dsl that we have up north, but I am thankful that we have it at all! Think how far the signal has to travel to the satellite! The Lovey says those things are 22,800 miles up in the air! When I think of that, I don't think this is slow at all!

To condense our past few weeks into one post, here is what has happened. We closed on the country estate and had our first weekend at the Casa. We moved all the cats down as well. Their transition was pretty smooth. Phew!

One thing we didn't count on were the sunsets! They are BEAUTIFUL from our back porch. Really beautiful.


The Lovey went to Taipei for a week of work. I stayed at the Casa with all the cats, and at the end of that week, we got our dog, Cinnamon. She's a shelter dog (of course) and a great little canine! Slowly but surely she is coming out of her shell. It's hard to take her picture because she is either connected to my hip or running like the wind. But I try! Here she is playing with her toy hamburger. She doesn't play fetch with us, but will take a ball (or a hamburger) and throw it up in the air, catch it, run and then drop and pounce on it, and then do it all over again. Funny girl.


Without internet, tv or radio, and after all your day work is as complete as it is going to get for the day, you get a lot of reading done. At least I do. I read 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' and am now reading a book by Cesar Millan, the Dog Whisperer. Out here in the country it's also early to be and early to rise. The sun really designates when to go to sleep and when to get up.

It's an interesting way to live. A new way to live. Or is it the old way to live - and by that I mean 100 years ago 'old', not and old age 'old'. Whatever it is, it's a good way to live.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new place and Cinammon. She is beautiful. I'm so happy for you both and wish I could see one of those sunsets for real. Can't wait to see what all comes forth next. I'm guessing...sheep???