Saturday, May 2, 2009

So Much Happening

Behold, my first socks. Finished. Done. Pagewood Farms sock yarn in Sky Blue Pink colorway. They are sized 13, for my husband's big feet. A big, first project. But they look pretty alright. A Big thank you goes out to The Woman Who Can Do It All. It's her pattern, her help, her encouragement that got me through this. And now, of course, I am addicted. I'm working on a pair of Monkeys for me. In HandMaiden Casbah. Yum....

On the garden front... looks like I now have 3...

#1: Our backyard (200 sq. ft) - the winter garden is just about done, and summer crops are ready to go in;

#2: the Mayor of Main Street's backyard (900 Sq. Ft) - almost completely planted, with room for succession planting planned out. The Lovey did an AWESOME job putting in the irrigation system. We had a heck of a time getting the rocks out of the ground. I'll show you photos of that in another post; and

#3: We are in serious talks with The Architect, who has a 5000 sq. ft. back yard. Yes - that is right.... 5000. She wanted to plant a house back there. I have encouraged her to plant crops, and she has agreed! A retaining wall needs to go in first so we can re-grade the dirt to slope away from her house. All that will happen within the next few weeks. In the meantime, I will start seeds for part of the space and get them ready to go in the ground when the time comes. It will be a little late for California planting, but I think in the grand scheme of things, it will be ok.


And, let me introduce you to my three new children:

Solomon - age 3, Willis Stewart - age 1, and Piper Maru- age 2



All rescue cats. We were only going to come home with one, but the thought of someone splitting up Willis and Piper was heart-breaking (they LOOOOVE each other), and Solomon was so depressed that we couldn't leave him behind. All are doing well, fitting right in with the rest of the clan. Phew.

No comments: