Friday, November 21, 2008

A case of Finish-itis


As you know, I work in a yarn shop. Well, it's a yarn and fabric shop. Two major themes that always come up with guests into the store are How many projects they have (or don't have) going on at once, and how big their stash is. I always encourage more yarn (my motto for the longest time was - I might be poor, but If I'm ever homeless, at least I'll be warm). For me, I have multiple projects going on. Always have. But until recently these projects were all knitting projects.

Well.... that is not so much the case anymore. I currently have 5 knitting, 1 crochet, 2 sewing, one rug, and several spinning projects going on simultaneously. Oh, and I'm working on making cards. Yes. It makes me crazy. So I've decided that I need to finish a few things before starting anything new.

So, Here is the top of a quilt that I am working on. It still needs some inches added to the sides, and then to be put together. But it's close. I got most of this fabric from a yard sale in Connecticut six years ago and it has traveled with me. It's my 'learning to sew' project before I actually try anything hard. It is also my project that I am hoping will help me loose my aversion to cutting fabric. So far, so good. I have never made anything for the Lovey and I, so this will be our bed covering. Made with love for a man I am (still) absolutely crazy about.

And, here are two of our (several) cats... The black one at the top is OD, our 17 year old grand man. Below is Zenny. Her sister and she traveled with me from the East Coast. Zenny is our 'dog'... she greets us at the door when we come home, follows us around everywhere, wants to play fetch with toys and wants to please - us. She is not too nice to the other cats. I can't figure out if she thinks she is superior, or if she is just cranky.





Here is the first batch of yarn headed to the yarn store. For sale. Makes me nervous. My stuff. In a store. For others to see, touch, and critique. It makes me feel like I'm walking around naked. I guess I'll get over it.





`

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the yarn going to the store! This is a big step for you. :) Let me know when you'll put some up for sale online so I can grab a skein and design something for it. winkwink