Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Kickstarter is like Kiva....

... but different.

I hadn't checked out Juniper Moon Farm in awhile. Today I did and I am so glad! She not only introduced me to Kickstarter, but also to this wonderful idea. It's one of those "why didn't I think of that" things. So simple yet so smart.

I am moving away from Tupperware and the like and storing things in Mason and Ball jars. They are inexpensive, really sturdy, and they are NOT plastic. The issues she states in the video are what I have experienced. I think this is a great idea. And yes - she is using plastic, but it is non- BPA, recyclable plastic. The more I learn about plastics, I discover that a lot of what we have (not only in our house, but Americans in general) has nasty BPA in it. Click here to see what I'm talking about. 

If you are interested in supporting this entrepreneur, she only has five more days (until Tuesday, Nov. 8th) to get funded. You are not charged until she is fully funded. Unlike Kiva, when funded, this is not a loan and you won't be getting your money back. But you'll be getting really cool lids. 

Think about it. If this isn't your cup of tea, there might be someone else you would like to support. OR - maybe you have an idea that needs funding. Hmmmmmmm.........

No comments: