Thursday, August 26, 2010

Preparing for next year

I love tomatoes. I know everyone loves homegrown tomatoes, but I think my love spills over and is bordering obsession. I love growing all different types of tomatoes. I love the way the plants smell even before there is a fruit on the vine. I love watching them grow. And yes, I talk to them, too. I think if you love the little guys, they will show their love by doing their best to give you tomatoes.
Here is how it all starts for next year: Saving seeds. Look at the different colors!



A HUGE thank you to LW for providing the tomatoes! With the seeds from your tomatoes and the seeds from mine, I think I'll have about 20 different varieties to plant next year! What a great start for Seven Cats Farm!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I've got seeds too - let's have tea sometime and we can go through my seed boxes and split some out for you.

Love the pic of the glasses on the windowsill, it's beautiful.