Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Knitter in Need Fundraiser

Erin, owner of Bobbins Nest Studio, is holding a fundraiser for a 'Knitter in Need'. You can check out items being offered for raffle on their Flickr page here, and check her website here. Green Planet Yarn is also joining the fun and you can see their announcement here. Last day of the fundraiser is August 1st.

I've donated a skein of hand spun yarn that I originally spun for myself: over 350 yards of a lace weight alpaca/ silk blend. But it will be forever until I get to knit it, so I thought a Knitter in Need would need it more than I. I've also donated a dozen photo cards. I think they are nice. Go to the 'Nest and check them out.

If you can't get to Green Planet or the 'Nest to check things out , purchase a raffle ticket, or bid in the silent auction, you can still send money. This is for a family that has had a tough three years. Fate is not so nice sometimes. You have two weeks to give. Do it now and be generous!

No comments: