Thursday, March 25, 2010

To Skirt - a Verb

Verb:
* to lie on or along the border of: The hills skirt the town.

* to border, wrap, or cover with a skirt or something suggesting a skirt in appearance or function.
* to pass along or around the border or edge of: Traffic skirts the town.
* to avoid, go around the edge of, or keep distant from (something that is controversial, risky, etc.).):
     The senator skirted the issue.
* to remove low-grade wool and foreign matter from (the outer edge of fleece)

So - what have we been up to? My Farmer's husband has graciously asked me to skirt his sheep's fleece. here is a video of one of the young lambs being sheared:



And here's me skirting that fleece. What do I do? I take the poopy bits out, and the 2nd cuts, and the big hay pieces. Then it's off to the mill for cleaning and spinning!

I LOVE this! Do you see the crimp in this fleece!

No comments: