Thursday, September 18, 2008

Opposite end of the Stick


This time last year I was looking forward to an exciting adventure.... the Peninsula to Pier Shop Hop.... a yarn store crawl of sorts. When I returned from my honeymoon (in August 2007), I had decided that working 10 hour days and having no home life - other than collapsing into bed at the end of the day - was not the way I wanted to live. I had determined that I needed to focus a bit on me, my husband and our life, while still working. I decided that I needed to start knitting again. So when the shop hop was announced, I was thrilled! What perfect timing!

I found out what shops were participating, created a strategy so that I could visit all stores, and my Lovey and I went on a week-end adventure. I visited all the participating shops, spent a LOT of money, got to discover many different stores and see lots of yarn. Yum, yum.

This year, I am working at a yarn shop that is participating in the Shop Hop. This time around it will be much better on my budget, but I will miss the fun of exploration and strategy. I hope everyone who comes to our shop has as much fun with the event as I did last year.


Happy Hunting!

No comments: